re: switchstand search.

Go find a scrap metals place in your area. If they don't have any, then ask them who is getting scrap metal from the railroads in your area. You might also want to check with any railroad museums in the area as they may have extras that they don't need. The things are in the 300lb range so plan on having a buddy or two with you when you go pick one up. Another is to place a want ad in graigslist and other such places and see what pops up.

Reply to
Bob May

Bob, what is a "graigslist"? I have never heard the term.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Frank A. Rosenbaum spake thus:

"craigslist". As in craigslist.org, the only truly organic (totally non-commercial) web resource, covering everything from jobs to housing to stuff for sale to free stuff to casual sex. Originally just covering San Francisco, there are now other craigslists for other places.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

DN:

Knowing the ways of the Internet, the casual sex listings probably outnumber the combined job, housing, and for sale listings by a factor of 2.65 to 1.

And anyhow, what's with all the casual sex these days? Doesn't anybody go in for formal sex any more?

My wife & I tried to have some casual sex some time ago but it ended up being causal sex...and we'll be seeing the effects next month... ;)

Cordially yours: Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

Er, uh, white tie and tail?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Some one of these days, I'll learn to spell rite and then you'll be out of a job! Craigslist is what I intended to type. It seems to be the eBay of the fixed price set.

Bob May

No, no white tie, just tail.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

I was getting these "You can leave your hat on" vibes.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Not quite 'totally non-commercial' as companies in NewYork, SanFran and another city are charged for job postings. eBay has a 25% share.

All in all, still a great place to shop! I do like it better now as they got keywords working (sorta) proper.

todh

Reply to
ctclibby