Life-Like N scale SW8 - what can be done to improve performance?

I've got a Life-Like Proto-N SW8 switcher, and I was wondering what could be done to improve the slow-speed performace of this locomotive. Any ideas
would be appreciated.
Thanking you,
--
Daniel Bella
snipped-for-privacy@student.uq.edu.au

Ken Harstine
Hi There I also have the Life Like SW8 N scale switcher, havent realy needed to do anything to improve it, the slow running performance is first class, if you have a problem with yours I hope you can sort it out.
Dave Downunder.