Life-Like N scale SW8 - what can be done to improve performance?

I've got a Life-Like Proto-N SW8 switcher, and I was wondering what could be done to improve the slow-speed performace of this locomotive. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanking you,

Reply to
Danny TB

DB:

Could you describe the mechanism and electrical pickup methods? The only familiarity I have with N gauge mechanisms is with the

1970s Bachmann HO GP30. :)

Does it have a flat-side motor, fixed worms, swiveling trucks, and wipers on metal wheels, or what?

Cordially yours: Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

A DCC decoder with back EMF control such as offered by Lenz will help. I have done this to my SW8. The Life Like Decoders are very small and can be placed in the cab.

Sorry I did not take a photo with the top off and getting the top off is not trivial once all the stuff and tap is crammed in there.

Best,

Ken Harst> I've got a Life-Like Proto-N SW8 switcher, and I was wondering what could be

Reply to
Ken Harstine

Hi There I also have the Life Like SW8 N scale switcher, havent realy needed to do anything to improve it, the slow running performance is first class, if you have a problem with yours I hope you can sort it out.

Dave Downunder.

Reply to
santafefan