Scale Switchstands for HO

Further to the interesting thread on turnout control for a switching layout, I have used Caboose Industries ground-throws in the past and been quite happy with them. But the next part of the yard to be built will have trolley wire overhead. I am not keen to be sticking my hand under it to throw turnouts, so I will be using pushrods mounted in the fascia. What I'm interested in knowing is if there are any scale switchstands in HO that operate - or at least have a target which turns when the turnout is thrown? Any suggestions or recommendations?

Reply to
mark_newton

Mark, you might look at these.

IIRC you have an interest in the Nickel Plate. Here are some targets like they used.
It would probably be easy to make these work with the points.
I have about a dozen packages of working switch stands that were brass kits. I want to say they were Cal Scale or something like that. They had round targets. I know they are around somewhere as I packed them up about four years ago along with some other parts so they wouldn't get lost. So much for that idea. If I find them I'll let you know who makes them.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Excellent stuff, thanks very much Bruce.

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
mark_newton

think these are the former Alder Models products)

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist "

-Salman Rushdie

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." -Martin Luther King

"A gentleman is a man who can disagree without being disagreeable." Anon

"Revolution in Politics is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment." Ambrose Bierce

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts"

- Mark Twain

Reply to
Mountain Goat

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
mark_newton

I had a look at this site, and apart from the jazzy looking switchstands, the Carter Brothers boxcar really caught my eye. What a lovely model. Perhaps I should consider a project in HOn3!

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
mark_newton