Cost of Broadway Limited diesels?

I just looked at a Broadway Limited road diesel displayed in my local hobby shop. Price about $240.

That's about double the price of many other similar models from other makers.

What are you getting for double the price? It is indeed nice looking.

Reply to
tkranz

makers. What are you getting for double the price?< Sound!

Reply to
Jon Miller

And built-in DCC. Their non-sound units are much cheaper.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Also in some cases you get a unit with split gears on the axel that won't run. That is according to one of the guys at Dan's Train shop in Ocala Florida. I was told they were going to ship a bunch of them back because of that problem. The guy sounded pretty unhappy about it...................could it be he was just unhappy with BLI? Everything I have from BLI runs fine.

John

Reply to
John Franklin

I have no connection to BLI, but everything I've read here sounds like they have gone the distance to fix mechanical issues.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

I have just purchased 2 of these are they are much better loco's than any other i have had. You get sound, factory DCC, and they are fast, powerful machines. Mine are pulling a 25 car load up a 3.5% grade with no issues (something my Atheran loco's could not do)

As to price? yeah a bit more but check out Midwest Junction

they have an awesome price (199).

Reply to
ssgbones

I suspect that guy was having some issues and he wanted an axe to grind on someone. Like I said all my BLI steamers run just fine.

John

Reply to
John Franklin