Seeking Origin of Railroad Cap

I found, and purchased, a railroad conductor/brakeman's cap this past weekend. Unfortunately, both the badge and the buttons (which will usually tell you which railroad, at least) had been removed. The cap is a dark olive color, with a narrow gold braid/trim circling it halfway down (or up, depending on your point of view, I guess) its height. The only other thing I know about it is that it was made my Ed. V. Price & Co., Chicago.

Does anyone hear have any ideas which railroad might have used caps of this color? I'd really love to restore it to its original state, with the proper buttons and badge, but I need to know which railroad for that.

Thank you.

David B. Appleton snipped-for-privacy@cs.com

Reply to
David B. Appleton