Spline roadbed, again?

I understand the individual splines 1/4 X 3/4 or so. I understand the spacer blocks between the splines.

What I am having a problem with is how do you attach the splines to the risers?

Regards Dave Wheeler

Reply to
Dave Wheeler

About any way that you want to. I personally just use glue to attach the splines to the risers, applying a bit of the glue as I lay the splines down. Any exccess squeezed out just gets wiped up as I go along or chiseled off if I forget. Another way is to drill down through the spline and put a screw in there. This works best if there are no spacers or the spacers are long enough to fully go over the riser.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

At my club, they use nails, or they use a nail air gun.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Hot glue. only needs clamping 3-4 minutes and you keep on moving! Chooch

Reply to
chooch

There are different grades of hot glue- the stuff I've seen work best for benchwork is sold is quantity to professional woodworkers in yellowish sticks. The grayish sticks that are for craft work aren't really suitable at all for benchwork.

Any idea which he used?

-fm Rails on Wheels' Annual Model RR Flea Market and Show - Nov. 30, 2003 at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds, Saline, Michigan

The address in the header of this message is deliberately bogus to foil address-harvesters. See my web sites for my real address.

Reply to
Fritz Milhaupt