Too big or too small?

Or if you are modeling Middle Earth (Hobbits & Dwarves), Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time (Giants), or some other such fantasy world, they would work as well. *One* of the larger sized persons should work for Dr. Frankenstein's monster...

Reply to
Robert Heller

No! People generally have much the same sized heads, shoulder widths, torso lengths ... There's a fair bit of variation in those areas but not 30% odd variation matching the height variation being discussed. Dwarfs tend to be short in leg and arm length compared to average people. Giants/basketball players long in the arms and legs ...

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Ya mean the line in the book that says if you're below this line you can't ride the ride? Yah that's the one...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

After some thought, you might want to take this marketing tack for the smaller peoples. Market them as "being great for far away scenes." It's like using an N Scale train Xactly the same consist as say an O Scale one only have it emerge at the top of a mountain while the O scale rests hides the mountain thus giving the illusion of "farawayness" in a not so far away place.

The larger ones might actually be for TT Scale...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

correction:

Scale one only have it emerge at the top of a mountain while the O scale rests INSIDE the mountain thus giving the illusion of "farawayness" in a not so far away place.

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

"P. Roehling" wrote in news:13e1u1jn3gqe0b5 @corp.supernews.com:

That's the idea I had. As one poster pointed out above, people usually differ in height, but as adults they don't vary much in width. Young people, however, many not have grown out to their full width yet, so the small ones would be better.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 9/8/2007 2:13 AM Puckdropper spake thus:

But of course, if you're modeling Americans, they'd all have to be on the obese side ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:46e2e347$0$24567 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

And if they were Bristish they'd have rotten teeth, Canadian and the'd all be drunk... Any more slurs or are you done?

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Childrens heads grow to near full size very early on - you could transplant heads from the larger ones to smaller to create children, or legs and arms from smaller to larger for slightly older children - leave a model Rotweiler and some amputated leftovers around for interesting effects!

Reply to
Greg Procter

On 9/8/2007 11:28 AM Gray Ghost spake thus:

No, I can think of plenty more, but the thing about what I mentioned is that it's a gross characteristic easily seen in a model, whereas bad teeth and such probably wouldn't render too well in a 1:87 or so person. (Although I believe Preiser does have drunk figures as well ...)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Preiser is German, I believe. I bet their figures are drunk in a different way than Canadians ;-)

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

On 9/8/2007 12:20 PM Erik Olsen DK spake thus:

Let me guess: the Canadian drunk figures are shown ice fishing and wrestling with bears, while your German Preiser drunk figures are madly stripping down to lederhosen and yodeling in the Alps?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl skriver:

ROFL....

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Weston famously made a "town drunk", who was complete with bottle and red nose, with an extended arm that was intended to be wrapped around a handy streetlight or phone pole.

Last I heard, Campbell was still selling the Weston figures.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

"Greg Procter" wrote

The San Diego Model Railroad Club layout features an HO scale dead dog next to a toxic spill at a "dry chemical" warehouse. The vignette is considered to be a bit too strong for the general public, and is placed behind the warehouse where it cannot be seen from the public viewing area.

On the other hand, John Allen once modeled a grade-crossing accident for one of his Varney ad photos, and for a while he had a lynched "diesel salesman" hanged by the neck from the bridge in Gorre.

A suitable location, if ever there was one.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

On 9/6/2007 4:42 PM Dan Merkel spake thus:

Just so you know, we saw this post the first time you sent it. No need to repeat yourself.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

At the Crescent City Club, there is a two headed cow near the toxic waste facility

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

"the OTHER Mike" wrote

And she no doubt gives Grade AA milk.

Reply to
P. Roehling

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:41:49 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "P. Roehling" instead replied:

Only if the "udder end" is also doubled.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Give your udder udder to my udder brudder, mudder.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee