Too big or too small?

could someone give the listing on ebay for these items?

Reply to
Jon Miller

Dan Merkel

As far as I know, it was only posted once...

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

Generally, I'd agree, but given the price comparison... like all of my modeling, I'm willing to compromise.

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

Hmmmm - better plan on repainting them! Just awful!

Reply to
Steve Caple

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

FWIW. The vendor gives a height of 0.7 inch for these figures which corresponds to just less than 5'2". I believe this is perfectly reasonable for the female figures (sic). I think the present average height for a female in the US today is 5'4". The men are on the short side, but, hardly dwarves. Intermixing them with true HO scale folks would cause me no problem. Average height increased throughout the last century. These figures might be more at home on a period pike. As, I believe, has already been pointed out, height also varies with ethnicity and the figures might be grouped in specific neighborhoods to advantage.

I tend to agree to with Steve Caple as regards the original paint jobs: 1. The same color schemes are repeated on multiple figures. 2. Lavender is overused in male garments (IMHO). 3. All are too bright. Thank goodness for Dull Cote!

HTH. Thank you.

Jerry

Reply to
trainjer

If you've got any passenger cars, saw off the 1:100 figures at the hips and stick them inside the cars on the seats. Might even work for the 1:75's. British OO trains are 1:76 scale, so junk all your 1:87 stuff and go British! Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce