Trying to figure a reasonable price to ask for trains and accessories

I’ve got a bunch of O-gauge train cars, including an engine and coal car, along with some transformers, track, a trestle set, and various
other pieces of wires and equipment. Some of the stuff is probably from the 1940s, although some of it isn’t quite that old. I’m looking to sell it all, but am not sure what a reasonable price is to be looking for – and I understand collectors will try to get items for as little as possible. So can anybody give me an idea of what I kind of price I should be looking for – or where I should go to find out? Thanks.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/5/2009 5:31 PM David Downing spake thus:

You can do a little research by going to that small little online auction site, forget its name at the moment; look for completed auctions for items similar to what you have and see what people actually paid for them.
By the way, your "coal car" is called a tender.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
βœ–

Right. Now I remember my dad calling it a tender. (They were his trains.)
Add pictures here
βœ–

I second the motion. Use e-bay's advanced search option as a seller and search for active and, most important, completed sales to get an idea of price. Hint - I've had some really good sales by putting items on alone or in small lots. Large lots are easier to put on (less work/ less cost) but I don't think they optimize revenue. Prices for items from the same year vary greatly.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Charles Siegel's Train City has an on-line price guide as well as an auction...
http://www.traincity.com/shoppg.html
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Bill's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,200 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
Add pictures here
βœ–