Tsunami warning system.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:06:44 -0700, "Roger Traviss"

I have no desire to live in the USA although I would like to visit for a few months ( in summer ! ), also Canada where I have friends.
I have type 2 diabetes and have to be careful of my diet etc., went to doctor yesterday for a checkup, had blood extracted for a test and a modification of my prescription. I am an age pensioner so do get a few concessions, most prescriptions cost $5.20 and checkup & pathology is bulk billed and no cost to me. One months medicine + one repeat = $10.40. A few years ago I had a fairly major operation, 5 days in a private room then 4 days in a 4 bed ward until I was kicked out. Cost nil
    Alan

As we all know, there's simply nobody worse than the country your compatriots want to live in.
All those millions of folks who emigrated here from other English- speaking countries must have been *terribly* misguided.
Snort.
I am that soldier ...

tch, tch!
On 3/29/2011 3:46 PM a_a_a spake thus:

As was sagely observed by none other than Rocket J. Squirrel (of Rocky & Bullwinkle).

Yep. We do up everything bigger.
--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup

Good choice!

And rightly so! Criticised it myself. And it was only a one movie war. Kudos to the first person who can name the movie and stars. No peeking at the IMDB! Astonishment if anyone can find More than one.
Lobby Dosser wrote:

RT television made it 22 invasions in about ten years. Sure, the Brits were horrific for several centuries - something for us all to learn from and avoid.

and a track gauge :-)

Yeh, well what can you say about colonials ... :p)
--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?
Lobby Dosser wrote:

The yank colonials use standard gauge.

More interested in narrow gauge meself. With some exceptions ...
--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?

Oh, so YOU'RE to blame for this mess ? ( rimshot)

Might it be that you were a bad person to begin with ? ( rimshot)
I can also descern the difference

the OTHER Mike wrote:

Well, ummmm, I disagreed with the direction being taken, particularly as the whole system was based on Lenz's 1977-78 system. Electronics technology and capabilities has moved on since that time and something better could easily be achieved.

That's very likely! It would explain why I've given so much time and energy to voluntary organisations over the last 40 years. (have I done enough yet God?) ;-)
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:25:59 +1300, Greg Procter wrote:

The answer to that is no. At least if one believe in reformed theology.
ray wrote:

Thanks for the apparently genuine response! ;-)

Thank the evangelical right wing Republicans for that move - they think they are o a mission from God!!!
But it doesn't wash - God would never treat the lowest creature the way the Republicans are devastating their non-wealthy fellow man.
They should enjoy their one-term try at governance.
John
John Carter wrote:

the problem is that most Pacific rim nations monitor for tsunamis and then pass the information on - it's called co-operation. The US is apparently not going to pull it's weight in the Pacific.
Greg.P.