Tsunami warning system.

Thursday - the US cuts funding to it's Hawaii tsunami warning system! Perhaps God is trying to tell you yanks something - ditto nuclear power stations.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

What part of "broke" don't you understand?

There are *lots* of worthwhile things that we'd *like* to do, but you can only print so much money, and you can play the deficit-spending game just so long.

Perhaps, but it's a sure bet that you're not Him.

No, I'm pretty certain that nuclear power stations aren't "trying to tell us something".

They're well-known for their taciturn dispositions.

Reply to
Twibil

Greg Procter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz:

Thank the evangelical right wing Republicans for that move - they think they are o a mission from God!!!

But it doesn't wash - God would never treat the lowest creature the way the Republicans are devastating their non-wealthy fellow man.

They should enjoy their one-term try at governance.

John

Reply to
John Carter

the problem is that most Pacific rim nations monitor for tsunamis and then pass the information on - it's called co-operation. The US is apparently not going to pull it's weight in the Pacific.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Hmmm, and there I was thinking the US was just about the richest country in the world! Perhaps you should try spending your money on the important things in life rather than spending it on taking lives all around the world.

Ok, so I didn't put that bit very clearly.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I suppose we could stop protecting you lot. Pity we can't do it retroactively. You could be posting in Japanese.

Sanctimonious bastard.

Reply to
Doug Wickström

Doug Wickström wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think he is referring to protecting the rest of the world from the Iraqis instead of Al-Queda. We shoould have taken more Al-Queda lives instead of the civilians of Iraq - all based on lies and fabricated WMD's - which most of the workd saw through and did not join the so-called coalition. Bush screwed up badly and because of it many undeservedly lost their lives. Bush should be prosecuted for his crimes.

John

Reply to
John Carter

As far as I've noticed, it's been us protecting you lot.

Reply to
Greg Procter

To date we've not been threatened by either the Iraqis or Al Qaeda. We are continually threatened by the US's MAD policy.

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

Twibil wrote in news:7ea5a6c9-2c25-40c7-9e69- snipped-for-privacy@z3g2000prz.googlegroups.com:

Still feeding the troll are we? You people will never learn to simply drop Procter into a killfile and forget him. He has nothing to say of any interest to anyone. I just dropped in to see what was going on and this is what I found. It's one of the main reasons this group is breathing its last pathetic gasps. You remaining few should form a new group just for yourselves and Procter so that he can abuse you and you can you whinge and whine about it while you enjoy it. Oh, wait, that's already been done here, hasn't it?

Reply to
George Pullman

Oh, good! Just what every usenet group needs! A self-appointed net- nanny to pretend he's smarter than everyone else and is qualified to tell us how we should behave; despite the fact that he's doing just exactly what he says we shouldn't.

While you're at it, oh wisest of wise ones, could you please tell us how we should vote in the next elections and what church we should attend?

Nobody here is capable of deciding those things for themselves, you know.

(Snort)

Reply to
Twibil

On 3/18/2011 4:01 PM Twibil spake thus:

Besides which, I'm pretty sure he's wrong about why Usenet is on its last legs (if it actually is: news of its demise may be premature). It's not because of the occasional asinine remark made by such as Procter, although that may well be the reason that *he* doesn't like to read the group anymore.

No, the main factor in Usenet's decline has nothing at all to do with "trolls", etc., but everything to do with the massive shift away from "old-school" text-based fora like this (imagine: writing!) towards anything web-based. Not to mention that ISPs are ditching news access left and right.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Yup.

If asinine remarks and the resulting flames were enough to cause the death of Usenet, it would have died aborning.

Yup again. (Although it's probably a good bet that ISPs wouldn't be dropping Usenet if it were as popular as it once was.)

Good ol' George is just pulling a Glenn Beck: citing an actual fact (tsunami in Japan) and claiming that it's proof Obama is a Communist.

Shrug.

Reply to
Twibil

Obviously George Pullman isn't interested in model railways! I've had over 50 years in the hobby, 30+ years manufacturing model components. (I've even had items reviewed in "Model Railroader". I was on the NMRA DCC development board for a number of years.

OK, so I sometimes let what the US does to smaller nations annoy me at times. That doesn't make me a bad person. I can also descern the difference between US politics and US individuals.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

What did you make and have reviewed? You still in the business?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Oh, so YOU'RE to blame for this mess ? ( rimshot)

Might it be that you were a bad person to begin with ? ( rimshot)

I can also descern the difference

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

Not really in business, but I still have stocks. From 2003 I built an art gallery but I'm now at a point where I need something else to do, such as manufacturing MR again.

Currently I have:

- NZR station kits in S, HO, TT, N scales.

- Back to back wheel gauges in HO.

- RP25 wheel sets: 11.5mm, 11.2mm, 10.5mm (Disc, 8 spoke, 9 spoke, split spoke) Axle lengths 25mm and 26mm. (all aimed at European conversion)

- Analogue controllers. (nil stock) I produce masters for various NZ kit manufacturers. Currently working on T gauge for NZ and UK. (etched brass) Someday soon I might ask here what T gauge models might sell well in the US.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Well, ummmm, I disagreed with the direction being taken, particularly as the whole system was based on Lenz's 1977-78 system. Electronics technology and capabilities has moved on since that time and something better could easily be achieved.

That's very likely! It would explain why I've given so much time and energy to voluntary organisations over the last 40 years. (have I done enough yet God?) ;-)

Reply to
Greg Procter

The answer to that is no. At least if one believe in reformed theology.

Reply to
ray

I think you just asked ... :)

I'd like to see Long Prototypes. Particularly full scale passenger cars from the heavyweight era through and including Amtrak. Modern era freight cars would be my second choice. Motive power from F units through the modern era diesels.

Currently I have plans for an N scale layout and a limited collection of motive power and rolling stock. I can just barely build what I want in N Scale in the space I have available in. T scale would give me the opportunity for more than just the space for a photo run by while popping in and out of tunnels on either end. T scale passenger equipment could get me to switch. Wouldn't have to be much more than enough for a couple of trains to start.

Later we can talk about some big UP Steam ... :-)

Actually, if I could put together a passenger train of UK prototype that might just be enough ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser