UP Profits are UP

Just a tidbit of info for all you UP lovers on this forum. Union Pacific earnings are UP for 2003 compared to 2002 by 46%. Doesn't look like the old corporation is in any trouble. You all can help by staying the course and buying UP model toy trains Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Take out the $610 million from their spin-off of the Overnite Transportation Company, and it was a down quarter and year compared to last year's figures.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Can you spell Enron?

If you can't, just ask your local Bush Campaign Fund office.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I have nothing to do with Bush. The answer is Kerry. To bad for you Hartford people but old Joe is out of it the way it looks. That is ok as he is not that different from what we already have. The UP is not Enron, or anywhere close to it. Just keep buying UP toy trains and everything will be fine Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

"Mark Mathu" wrote

That's why they sold a trucking company worth $1,000,000,000 (and making money) for $610,000. They're top heavy in debt, their locomotives are getting miles/hrs on them and their track is wearing out.

The 46% "increase" was also skewed by 2002's numbers being affected (reduced) by the economic downturn following Sept 11th, higher fuel prices and a Teamster's strike

Does "Jerry" know squat about ANYTHING?

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

actually, UP profits from rail operations are down. the higher company-wide profit was because they sold Overnite for a meager profit, compared to what they put into it.

Reply to
Ccutler0

"Ccutler0" wrote

-----------------

What did they pay for it and how long ago?

I was looking around for that info, got interrupted & forgot about it.

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

UP is the best railroad ever and makes lot of money. there is no up in enron

I am vot> > Doesn't look like the old corporation is in any trouble.

Reply to
jepperson

Jerry (or Spanky-Wanky), you forgot to use your alternate ID.

And don't try to kid me - you're not voing for Kerry, you're obviously a Lyndon Larouche voter.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Well my gosh somebody with a brain. Keep on supporting the UP and Kerry That shows some brains on your part Eppy. Keep backing me up here, we'll convert these toy lovers yet. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

I cant figure out all the fuss. I buy UP stuff if i like it.

Reply to
jepperson

HEHE, I sure as hell ain't jepperson, in fact, I don't think epperson is jepperson. I do think you are a troll though, Stevie boy. Go back to your boys club at Hartford and play with your toys. Besides, if I read right choochoo was a Dean guy. I am for Kerry. You are no doubt a Dubya fan. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Well, look at that - two sock puppets having a conversation with each other...

Reply to
Mark Newton

Whatever you say, John. Speaking of trolls, remind us gain of how many train-related posts you've made recently???

Reply to
Mark Newton

They paid $1.2 billion for Overnite Transportation in 1986.

Information on how much money it added/subtracted from UP's bottom line in the ensuing years is harder to track.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

No, Jer, you're the one into kissing corporate butt.

Reply to
Steve Caple

what is your problem?

Reply to
jepperson

I see upside potential in UP stock, mostly because 1) they've seen the error of their ways (reference melt-down), 2) they haven't really addressed all of the movement issues to date (BNSF seems to have a smoother time integrating) and 3) the general economy is ticking up mildly. But UP is a big beast and a large boat in which to change direction. A moral victory in getting some UPS business was had recently.

A lot of model trains (and belt-buckles, t-shirts, etc.) are going to have to get sold to cover the costs of double tracking the Golden State and old T&P routes. ;)

Greg

Reply to
Greg Forestieri

Now that's odd all the information embedded in your message (all those numbers and such) match Epperson's exactly. Oh well must be a coincidence huh?

That makes sense that Okiechoochoo would be for Dean considering he got his ass whipped in Iowa.

Hi Oh Silver Away!

Reply to
MileHighCaboose

I am posting here as who I am. You guys need to get over it. I like Kerry not Dean.

Reply to
jepperson