update on Backmann warranty

I posted a while back about my defunct 20 year old Bachmann
Consolidation. I sent it in for repair/replacement in December (got a
note from them saying they had received in Dec 15 and had a six week
backlog). Today I got, from Bachmann, a brandy new Spectrum
Consolidation. I had sent in $15 with the loco and apparently they want
another $10 - but seems a fair enough deal - new Spectrum for a late 80's
one and $25. I have it running now - seems very good - starts with very
little throttle, runs very quietly and smoothly.
Reply to
ray
About a year and a half ago I had a HO 44 ton, two motor that I had converted to DCC by removing some parts. It finally developed a cracked gear. I managed to remove the DCC and got it running on DC and returned it with $10.00 which was the price then and got a new single motor 44 ton DCC ready that I converted to a DCC sound locos. Great running and sounding. I have done the same with a second and did a 70 ton with sound.
Rich