bachmann warranty?

Just started fiddling with my N scale stuff after having it just 'sit' for about 15-20 years (it was all boxed up and dust free). No problem
with the diesel set I had purchased in the 80's, but could not get the bachmann steamer to work reliably. Fiddled and finally got it running well in reverse - then two of the wheels came off the engine. I have original box and warranty card - anyone venture a guess as to my chances that they'll live up to their limited lifetime warranty? I have filed a report via their service desk - happy to let you know how it works out if anyone is interested.
On 12/9/2010 7:56 PM ray spake thus:

Just speculation, but I'd be surprised if they *didn't* honor the warranty.
Assuming you're nice and all, that is.

I was in the same position with some HO Bachmann locomotives that I had bought in the mid 1980's. I called Bachmann, explained the situation and the problems. They told me what the charges would be and to send in the old locomotives with a check and that they would repair or replace them. I send in four and they repaired one and replaced the other three. I can't say enough about how nice they were to me. The only caveat would be--this is the Christmas season, so don't expect them to be returned the next week.

"ray" schreef in bericht
Just started fiddling with my N scale stuff after having it just 'sit' for about 15-20 years (it was all boxed up and dust free). No problem with the diesel set I had purchased in the 80's, but could not get the bachmann steamer to work reliably. Fiddled and finally got it running well in reverse - then two of the wheels came off the engine. I have original box and warranty card - anyone venture a guess as to my chances that they'll live up to their limited lifetime warranty? I have filed a report via their service desk - happy to let you know how it works out if anyone is interested.
Bought a Bachmann steamer N-scale from Ebay last year, turned out it broke, mailed Bachmann if they could do anything for me, they sent me the spare parts without even asking any further questions, even sent me a mail from their service department telling me the right way to fix it. Their equipment is cheap but their service is A class.
Greetz Jan
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 03:56:02 +0000, ray wrote:

I have received an e-mail from bachmann customer support telling me to ship it to them - I'll proceed and let you know what happens.
Got a note from Bachmann yesterday. They have received the loco. And they have a 6 week backlog.