Using Loctite on Steam Loco bolts

I don't know the correct terms for the pieces that I will describe but here goes. On steam engines there are rods that connect the drivers to each other, my problem is one bolt is always coming loose and falls off. Can I put a dab of Loctite on the bolt then screw it in to stop this from happening. Thanks

Reply to
Billm

Bill, Yes, that will work. Use one of the Loctite products (like blue) that will enable you to take it apart again if the need ever arises. Doug

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
Billm

I personally would avoid loctite or ACC type glues for driver siderod screws.. It is too easy to get the glue in places where you don't want it and if you have to remove the screw, it is difficult.

I'd suggest a dab of Walthers GOO in the hole, then insert the screw. I find that the GOO is sufficient to hold the screw in place but can be loosened when needed.

rs

Reply to
Rick Stern