Wartime model railroading

your generosity, understanding and compassion shows the glory of god! Hallelujah! inshallah!

Jah, gute gesagt! I went on you-tube and watched some of the WWII war footage. I dont think those german guys were too happy about being in the war either. (nazi propaganda footage exempt of course). The real thing was a lot more messy than the diorama presented. Nice modeling, good sense of action. But true, doesn't convey the dirtiness of war. The equipment was cool. The action was cool. It's where the killing starts that the whole thing goes sour. Neither of my grandparents expressed any joy in being in that war. I wouldnt wish that on anybody, german, american, british, russian, arab, japanese, etc etc. war is not fun. But it is not something we should forget or ignore.

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 03:47:00 GMT, J Barnstorf wrote:

Boy howdy, is that ever true! Especially with the recent example of our chickenhawk administration and their chickenhawk NeoCon allies. None of them have ever been shot at, unless by an angry pimp, their coke dealer or their mistress' husband.
--
Steve

Oh this posting is rich. Trashing the leaders for no reason. And what is your military service Mr. Internethawk??? You are the most sad person seem yet on this board. Today is Sunday and I will be praying for you alot today.
Steve Caple wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com skriver:

Board ? This is usenet - and the most sad person seems to be you....
Klaus
Mr. Fake German you are a broken record who is making a useless point over and over again for no reason. It is a train posting board. If you want to call it usenet who really cares. Get over it and stop posting as a fake from Germany.
Klaus (not his real name) D. Mikkelsen wrote:

Geg? is that you Geg? You're back?
skriver:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com skriver:

Are you now standing in front of the mirror again ?
Remember - every time you point a finger at anothe 3 fingers is pointing back at yourself.

If you can not seee the difference between a board and usenet, the I guess your bound for hell...
Klaus
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:21:41 +0100, "Klaus D. Mikkelsen"

What if you lost those other three fingers in a train coupling accident? Along with Workman's Comp, I think that would give you free reign to point your remaining finger at anybody.
You are shining out Mr. Fake German on a train posting board.
Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com skriver:

Yes, I'm a shining star !
Klaus

Steve, One of my favorite aircraft is the FW-190. When it comes to tanks I like the Tigers, Panthers and the Russian T-34's like most people who have any interest in these things. But I have a greater interest in WWI, golden age, and other early aircraft. Here again I find my favorite's in German subjects like the Pfalz DIII, DIIIa and Albatros variants. It's interesting that such deadly destructive devices are also some the most beautiful machines created by man. Still funky little narrow gauge steam engines are closer to my heart. Bruce
check out you-tube for "Raf in action" dehavalin mosquito. doing a low flyby. Must have buzzed the cameraman at 10' cool aircraft. I like the BF 109 & FW 190 and the mosquito , P38, Ju-88... as well as a variety of other WW2 aircraft. not so fond of fighter jets.

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:06:35 GMT, J Barnstorf wrote:

Well, the F-86 had classic clean lines. Not the D model, of course.
--
Steve

Bruce Favinger wrote:

Bruce, I saw an article the other day in an aviation mag about a bloke in (I think) Germany, who is building a replica Albatros D.III. What made it particularly interesting is that it is an Austrian/Oeffag variant, powered by an original, zero-time Austro-Daimler engine! The photos showed the finished fuselage, looking superb. I'll try to find the mag and send you a scan of the article.
Cheers,
Mark.
Mark, I'd like to see that. I think Eduard made a 1/48 scale kit of an Albatros Oeffag and Roden makes a 1/72 scale version. Bruce

not every german was/is a nazi. but if you want to model ww2 german equipment you realy need to include the markings.

Steve Caple wrote:

I'll probaly start another flame war for saying so, but I wasn't all that impressed with the loco. Too many little details that are wrong...
Aussie MarkSteve.

It seems like is a strange area of collectables. But monumental events, whether glorious or horrific attract people. I have read that, oddly enough, Jews are some of the biggest collectors of Nazi memorabilia. I guess that is done with the intent of never forgetting.
The seamy side of it would be your skinheads who collect the stuff. But then collecting Nazi artifacts is likely the least seamy thing about the average skinhead...
Ken Rice skriver:

Fuc**ng impressing !
Klaus