What's to do in Seattle, WA

Out-of-season lutefisk looks like a pile of rotten cod on your plate. Wait a minute- OK, I see your point... :)

Dale

Reply to
Dale

Boy. Now this depends on your transportation. If you can go anywhere via car. Stevens pass ( Hwy 2 East ) is about 30 miles north, then 60 miles east. BNSF main follows 2 almost all of the way from Everett to Skykomish. Sidings at Monroe, Sultan, Startup, Baring, Skykomish, and Scenic. You can get to the hole if you turn on the 'old Cascade hwy' just before the bridge over the BNSF about 8 miles out of Sky. Go slow there as there are *DEEP* pot holes. Road ends about 3/4 mile up, and if you get to that, you went to far. You will figure it out.

Everett is another place. I-5 North about 30 miles. Head for the waterfront. Along the bank near KimberlyClark ( old Scott paper ), BNSF has a small classification yard. Mostly morning action. If you continue North from that location, you will wind around to another yard a little bigger. You can take Marine View Drive and follow it for about 2 miles, then turn left at the 2nd day Bread store ( Snyders, I think ) and go down toward the yard. Seems that something is almost always happening there. Go in the office and let the folks know that you are not going to climb on the equipment, and are going to stay off the rails and they shouldn't fret about ya.

Can't go that far? Interbay is about 8 miles from downtown. Take Westlake Ave toward Ballard, then just before you get to the Ballard Bridge, take a right and head for Fishermans Terminal. ( loops over and heads West). You should be able to see sanding towers from the bridge. Take a left onto BN property, go past the roundhouse and park at the engine yard office. Go in and talk with the Roadmaster and tell him the same as above and they will put up with you walking around and shoot'n some pix.

There is a small hobby shop on Westlake, just before the Magnolia bridge if I remember correctly. Hard to see. I found it by hook and crook as I was chasing BN power from the Old Spagatte (sp?) factory and literaly stumbled on the curb at their door.

King Street Station ( before Quest Field and Safeco field ) is also fun as you can walk around watching the movements from above. If the waterfront trolley is still running, do that. Pike Street Market, then down the long stairs.

Space Needle sux. Go to the tallest building ( Black one ) and get to the top. Way better view of the surrounding area. EMP near the Pacific Science Center is great. So is the PSC.

If you have a couple of extra hours, walk on the Bremerton ferry, ride over then back.

Geesh, that should keep you busy for a week or so!

todh

Reply to
ctclibby

Reply to