What's 'wrong' with Tyco?

I just finished looking at Hornby's OO scale "Navy" class and "Coronation" class loks. Looked real nice to me. Wouldn't take much detail work to have a super good-looking machine.
Froggy,
I've always been fascinated by Tyco trains. They're colorful and inexpensive. Here's a great website:
Tyco Trains Collectors Resource:
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/tycotrains /
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/Model_Trains_Resource_Main /
Enjoy your treasures!
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net
I've always found Tyco to be fascinating trains. They are very colorful and inexpensive. Here's a great site (recently expanded):
"Tyco Trains Collectors Resource":
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/tycotrains /
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/Model_Trains_Resource_Main /
Enjoy your treasures!
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net
Like many things, there are a few Tyco items that are usable for a "scale" model railway. Some of their freight cars had some nice detail, one you removed the "dipped" paint job and, with a little work, they made nice models.
The vast majority was pure junk and I feel sorry for any kid who ever was given a Tyco 'trainset' as a gift, as it was a sure way to turn anyone off model railways.
-- Cheers
Roger T.
I've always been fascinated by Tyco trains. They're colorful and inexpensive. Here's a great website (recently updated), Tyco Trains Collectors Resource: