Wiring KATO double crossover

My layout is basically two loops connected by a KATO double crossover. It has run great but now I want to go to run two locos using two KATO
controllers (DCC is not an option for me at this point). The problem that I'm encountering is with the design of the double crossover. On the outer loop the circuit is interrupted on the rail closest to the center (this is the positive feed on my layout) while on the inner loop, the interrupted track (also closest to the center) is the neutral feed; the positive feed on that loop is continuous.
I could put insulators on one end of the crossover or the other but it seems that that might cause dead spots on the crossover. I could also cut the track but I hate to do something that drastic on such an expensive piece of equipment.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
I forgot to include the very important detail that each loop is to be divided into two blocks but I can't divide the the loop at the double crossover as I'd like.