Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Attaching removable facia with Velcro
Our club has used Velcro to attach curtains to cover layout legs with great succes for many years. The backscenes on our layouts have always been permanently attched with screws, in one case of a...

Re: Vesties....was..... Are most US model railroaders actually not
I met him. I'm from NJ too. Let me attest to the truth of everything you said, Den
5
5

Re: Athearn GP-60 Question
OK, thanks! I have a few of them. Was planning on using them to test some things if they were not accurate models. me wrote: :> Am I correct in my belief that the 4700-series GP-60 model (the one that...

web-site up-date
added scenery to the engine service scene that is featured on the web-site at -- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

Amarillo stuff?
My work will take me to Amarillo, Texas next week for several days - any good hobby shops, club layouts, or operating sessions to which I could get an invitation? I promise to behave myself... Jeff...
5
5

Re: Water based spray paint?
I did some thinking on your situation and remembered this. The only problem is that it might need more paint to operate than the 1 or 2 oz model paint jars....
3
3

Re: OT: National Do Not Call List opened today...
The current (new) "National Do Not Call" list is maintained by the Federal Trade Commission. They cannot regulate telemarketers who do not fall under FTC oversight; thus, the exemptions. However, the...
1
1

Re: New Athearn Steam & CF7
This is a direct quote from this month's Model Railroader; the same magazine who, when asked "How did the coal get from the tender to the firebox on SP's cab forwards?" responded "Gee. We don't know!"...
20
20

Re: Curved bridge or tressle
But that's the way most "curved" bridges are. Curved structural members (stringers, beams and girders) introduce torsion and warping into the calculations, and are extremely difficult to analyze by...
13
13

Re: inappropriate behavior by Toledo hobby shop owner...
Yes...that's the guy with the inappropriate behavior. He may have believed that since he was the owner, he could get away with saying those things with no repercussions., since he's "the boss". I...
31
31

Woohoo! I'm so excited! Building a N scale diorama
Since I left the model railroading world a little while back, I've missed it terribly. So, today I had a crazy thought! Since I'm switching to N scale anyway (from HO), and since I really don't have...
6
6

Re: Vesties....was..... Are most US model railroaders actually not modelers?
Sigh. And the DW just bought the material to make me one. I guess I'll just have put up with getting laughed at in Toronto (maybe just as well no one's gonna come? ;-). At least it's black denim, not...

Re: Rio Grande Southern
These were engines built for the Florence and Cripple Creek, and sold to the RGS. No. 20 has been saved and is in the collection of the Colorado Railroad Museum. There is a photo of the locomotive on...
1
1

Re: Trains came, but MRR didn't?
Maybe your postman is a Model Railroader and is borrowing it for a few days!
3
3

Re: Model railroading differences between English & American
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:57:44 -0500, I read these words from "Jim Stewart" : I just finished posting some photos of the "new" layout. Same URL : > Very true. The downside is spending a small fortune on...
5
5