29th Annual Working Vintage Tractor Rally - Haynes, Beds, 25th/26th

It says here on this bit of paper....

St Judes Farm, Haynes, Bedfordshire.

Just north of the Clophill A6 dual-carriageway.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

Gentlemen,

I am supposed to be there at the weekend but will be there for definite on Sunday, tommorrow I will be attending a good friends wedding which I must admit I had forgot but was reminded by my wife when the Haynes pass arrived aweek or so ago :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Talking of vintage tractors, check this one out in South Dakota:

How would that compare with top class Showman's engine, price wise?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Saw that on the SEL list earlier, quite a decent price for an old engine, but I'd want a steamer showmans for that sort of dosh.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

So top showmans' engines are in that price range?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

And more I would think, Peter between you and me and Luton is a place with tractors just like that picture, there used to be loads but some got sold off. I visited them with a NVET local group when the collection was complete and they were all in working order. Will you visit Haynes as I will have to pack a few more cups :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

You're right I had a wee search, £338,000 seems top price at present:

Mind you there's a bit more to a traction engine compared to a kero tractor.

However, I hear a woman in the UK recently inherited a 1st Folio Shakespeare that may shade either, when it comes up for auction.

Tom

Reply to
Tom