8mm grub screw metric fine wanted

Hi, 8mm grub screw metric fine wanted for plummer block bearing on a trad canal boat with lister FR powering a 12 ft shaft with 3 plummer blocks on one which is missing a grub screw.

Reply to
vic the barge

Try here

MH

Reply to
Mike.H.

ordinary 8 mm bolt cut to length with a slot for a screw driver across one end.

Reply to
campingstoveman

That would be a coarse one, Martin.

If the boat is as old as the engine, it may be UNF 5/16", but presumably Vic has checked with his thread gauge and calipers?

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I was just describing a method as bolts might be easier to obtain.

Reply to
campingstoveman

They're M8 x 1.0. You may get one from a bearing supplier but they're not common things.

John

Reply to
John

They're M8 x 1.0. You may get one from a bearing supplier but they're not common things.

John

------------------------------------------------------------------ M8x1 are used on Ducati crankshafts .Try a Ducati spares dealer. Mike.H

Reply to
Mike.H.

snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.ukhttp://www.oldengine.org/members/dieselhttp://www.stationary-engine.co.ukhttp://www.oldengine.co.uk the boat is from 1986 and the plummer blocks are continental, I can't remember the maker without looking. defiantly 8mm and not coarse metric.

Reply to
vic the barge