a few questions

hi guys!

another few questions from a newbie, to stimulate you!

  1. Where do you get those wonderful long belts for driving all your equipment from? They look like leather or something. I need a few to start doing something useful with my engines (helps justify the hobby to those who dont understand!). I imagine there must be something

  1. I need to make some trolleys for some of my engines. Is there a prefered supplier of the wheels/stub axles?

Regards

Ivan P.S. no snow on the ground here in S.Wales!

current collection:

------------------ turner v-twin diesel enfield vertical single diesel lister CS diesel

and next week...... l ister enclosed twin petrol wolsey sheep sheering co petrol

Reply to
adrenalin

Hi Ivan,

1) The best bet for old belting is to go to shows and look at thew stalls. Quite often this turns up. If not, you can get new belting from AC Belting.

2) Wheels are like gold dust (if you are after cast iron ones) - best thing is autojumbles.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Nice little selection of engines, tell us more about the Enfield - not a regular rally visitor but always look nice with all that alloy polished up! What are they like to run?

Belts, wheels, axles and associated bracketry all appear regularly on rally stalls and often in individual exhibitor's little 'for sale' piles. Also SEM small ad's and occasionally ebay.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

thanks for the replys!

the enfield is a great engine. I bought it for £45 fully restored, at a big engine sale about 10 years ago, but never really had time to do anything with it. It is easy to start, but the governor is a bit weird (at least it seems so to me!). Sounds great running. I've no idea what age it is - i guess it is relatively modern by your standards, but it will have to do until I find a big horizontal gas engine!

When work and girlfriend allow me some free time, I will take some photographs and post the URL, so everyone can have a look

Regards

Ivan

Reply to
adrenalin

I eyed up a slightly derelict example last year, wish I'd asked the price now if that's all they fetch!

Reply to
Nick Highfield