Aladdins` cave

Was delivering and installing a lathe for a friends father on Saturday. I knew he was interested in old engines but I didn`t think he had the disease as badly as he has. There were all types of Listers and Petters,some fully restored,some waiting their turn.Ruston Hornsby,Massey Harris (I didn`t know they built engines) and loads more that I can`t remember. Ten tractors,again some fully restored,some in process and some waiting.Fordson N,Ford Ferguson(again this was a new one on me) built by Ford with a Ford engine for Ferguson,Allis Chalmers,David Brown Cropmaster and again can`t remember them all. Three cars,an Austin 10 as new,a Rover 110 as new and a Wolseley Hornet wating it`s turn. I was short of time having lost three hours at the roadworks on the Forth Bridge and had a customer to meet in Arbroath at 6pm or I would have spent a lot longer there.Every time I thought I had seen everything he would open another door and there would be a load more.However I`ve an open invitation to look in anytime so next time I`m in the area with time to spare I`ll pop in.

Reply to
mark

Oh to have that much space and time to do things in it. It sounds fascinating. Can you persuade him to open it to visitors?

Reply to
John

Does your father's friend by any chance have, or know of anyone else who might have, a cylinder head gasket for a Ruston Hornsby 2VSH diesel engine?

Reply to
steve.agraman