Amusing

Nicked from another NG but I suppose this now qualifies as a stationary engine.

John

Reply to
John

More likely a photoshop than reality, at least until proven otherwise.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Quite genuine. I went on two identical trips in the 1950's. Our trips started at Warrington & we left the train in the Yorkshire dales. Brilliant days out both days. see

12th picture down.
Reply to
Dave Croft

On further checking I think this may be a real photo, which means either the workman are idiots, or the posts removable.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Nobody heard of lift-out bollards?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

BTW, those photos can be bought up to look an awful lot better if you just use "levels" or "curves" in something like PhotoShop or Gimp, to expand the available dynamic range into the full 0-255 range.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear