Bisschop engine

Hello all

Just to let you know that after some tweaking and a good dose of looking at, both the Bisschop engine and the Otto-Langen engine at the Museum of Science & Industry in Manchester are up and running again. The Bisschop needs some more work to make it spot on, but it's the first time it has run for nearly three years. Why not pay us a visit?

Anthony

PS. Off topic, I have a copy of Brian Bell's "Machinery for Horticulture" for £5 if anyone wants it.

Reply to
Anthony Coulls

When I visited (around five years ago?) not a single IC exhibit was running, on enquiring I was told that it was due to "lack of staff". Has this now been remedied and can the casual visitor expect to see some of these venerable beasts actually working?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Yes, every day, barring staff sickness and mechanical failure! One of our presenters, John Davidson also lurks around this group and will vouch for the fact that there is now only one engine in the Power Hall that does not currently run - and we're working on that.

Cheers Anthony

Reply to
Anthony Coulls

Excellent news! I am hoping to get up to the area for a few days next year taking in the 1000 engine rally next year and will 'pencil in' a visit to the museum (and probably a curry in Rusholm).

Reply to
Nick Highfield