Brayton Cycle engines

Thanks for the link Peter - just off to re-read Brayton chapter in 'Internal Fire' !

Reply to
Nick H

I was able to help out a fellow enthusiast with some scans out of Dugald Clerk's

2-Volume "Gas, Petrol & Oil Engines", published just after the turn of the century last century.

The poster had apparently been into one of the surviving Holland submarines which used a Brayton Cycle engine, which is now preserved in New Jersey, USA, and his report and photographs are available here:

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I believe that the images in the Internal Fire section are taken from the Clerk book originally.

I have some scans available of the Clerk book images if anyone wants them.

Peter

Peter A Forbes