Evinrude pump set?

Someone was looking for info a while back... During a delve I came across an illustrated catalogue listing of two types of 1929. A scan is available.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Mike.H.

If it is the '29 outboards catalogue (the 3 to 45 MPH one) which also has some details of the pressure and centrifugal pump outfits on pages 28 and

29, then I have a copy courtesy of ebay - any further info would be most welcome.

Either way, thanks for the thought.

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

Out of an industrial catalogue. Priced too. Sent anyway.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

"Tom" wrote

And recieved with thanks.

Illustration is of other side of the set and more info in text, so useful stuff. I'm putting together an article for SEM (might be finished some time this century) any objections if I use some of this material?

BTW. Pat Knight sent me an ad from UK publication The Implement and Machinery Review - price for the set was £42 compared with $240 in your USA ad. What was the exchange rate in the late 1920's?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

No worries about the material, glad it is of use. As for the exchange rate, Irrc it used to be US$4 to the pound as for years a half crown was referred to as half a dollar. Possibly pre-1939 crash it was more?

Tom

Reply to
Tom