Gaskets material suppliers

If I need the proper stuff I Usually buy at rallies from the likes of 'Mac' McGowan. But for most things good old brown paper does for nicely machined surfaces, or breakfast cereal boxes where a bit more compliance is required.

Reply to
Nick H

Please can you advise me of a supplier for gasket 'card' - suitable for use when replacing stationary engines joints. Many thanks. MJN

Reply to
MJN

I bought a few sheets of different thicknesses from a local motor factors (a proper one supplying the trade not Halfords), they could also supply Halite equivalent and that matt black motorcycle exhaust spray which I use on my engine exhausts.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

In message , MJN writes

"Gaskite"

S.J.GASKETS LTD. Tything Road, Arden Forest Industrial Estate Kinwarton, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6ES Telephone 01789 763721 Facsimile 01789 764070

SJGaskets

They are helpful folk and will deal in small quantities. Thicknesses from about .15mm (.006") to about 2mm (.080") from memory. If it's really small quantities you require, then contact me off-group.

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales