German generators

I went to a multi-period re-enactment event at the weekend. The German Army re-enactors set up an interesting camp which included radio equipment and a couple of interesting Auto-Union gennys designed for battery charging..

I've posted some photos at

--

"WD generators & pumps, Album 2"

I was having a little trouble resolving some of the photos, so please let me know if you have trouble too.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
J K Siddorn

For a more general view of the weekend, have a look at the professional's website!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Thanks for the info Pete.

Had I have hovered the mouse to see the "alt" text, I would not have needed to ask the question DOH.

-- Pete Aldous

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Very interesting Kim. From my limited observations of military enthusiasts at steam rallies etc, I thought they were only interested in uniforms and 'big boys toys' i.e. vehicles, firearms etc. If proper re-enactment events include some of the vast amount of other equipment involved in fighting a war, then I must seek one out for a visit.

I am particularly interested in signals, radar and of course the generating equipment used to power all this kit in the field - does anybody show a Bofors gun complete with Scott (or Jowett) engined genny?

I assume those little Deek sets are WWII though they look far more modern than equivalent Allied equipment!

As an aside; I have an Allied technical bulletin on the operation of captured German radio set 'Torn. Fu. d2'. It is really only of curiosity value to me so if you know anyone to whom it would be of use then I would be happy to pass it on for a small injection into the toys fund.

Reply to
Nick Highfield