Happy Christmas to all engineers!

Somewhere about a 1,000 miles north of me, little blokes in daft green & red suits are piling gifts into the Quantum Sled. In the upstairs office, a bigger bloke (who bears some slight resemblance to yours truly) in a red suit designed by a Coca-Cola ad man some eighty years ago is sliding a bottle of Bailey's into an outside pocket and practicing his "ho-ho-ho".

Soon, the warp drives will begin to hum and emit a faint blue glow as Santa punches in the co-ordinates for you and you and you and - with a bit of luck - me too.

The northern sky will flash as the Merry Dancers get underway and the warp engines turn green through the red of the sled's shiny new paint job - and he's away. If you should see him out of the corner of your eye, don't speak, you'll only delay him & he's a lot to do tonight.

Whoever you are, wherever you live the old boy will have you in his sights and I hope he brings you not only your heart's desire, but a big, fat share of happiness and fulfillment.

May your God go with you.

With my kindest thoughts and good wishes -

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Well said you old romantic, Happy Christmas to one and all from me, one of the elf's :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

in a red suit designed by a Coca-Cola ad man some eighty years ago

Apparently the red suit thing is an urban myth. Santa had a red suit 50 years before CC started dressing him in said...

Reply to
<rattymonkey

1864
Reply to
Andy Dingley

1864

He looks like he's taking them presents back! Must be on the naughty list.

Reply to
<rattymonkey