Hempholme Pumping Station

Adjacent to a weir and lock on the River Hull at Hempholme there used to be a pumping station to raise water from the drainage ditches and discharge it into the river Hull. It was a centrifugual pump driven by what looked like a twin cylinder engine- a Crossley I think. I took no photographs at the time because I had no flash & no tripod with me. I assume the scrap man got the engine & pump. Anyone remember the installation in question and can tell me what was there?

Reply to
Neil Purling