Internal Fire on the telly.

Hi all,

I see that if you can receive S4C (Welsh Channel 4) on the telly, there should be some footage of the IF museum engines in motion on Twrio tonight at 9pm. It's an online auction show, and there should be some footage of the museum engines in motion. If the Welsh language is not your strong point, English subtitles can be turned on via teletext.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Might be available via "Other Channels" for those with a DSAT.

Follow the instructions at:

But use the numbers:

12.129 ? 27500 2/3. Try vertical or horizontal until you get a channel listing with S4C.

Note: Untested! Kids are watching the telly ATM so it would be WWIII if I tried to play. I will later though. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Vertical, gives S4C - Didigiol a 100% welsh language S4C. I don't how much this differs from S4C analogue which is not on DSAT.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Arthur G

Ah I only found 519 S4C~2 on flicking through so resorted to the web. and the "easy" way of finding a channel that may not be in the EPG.

151 for S4C~Digidol avoids the nasty clunky "other channels" system though. B-)
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A very nicely presented programme, I thought, though without subtitles, I would have only got a rough idea of what was being said.

The engine footage was lovely.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Missed it, but its repeated, web site says series is. 'Repeated Mondays from 14 November 2005 at 2.05PM' HTH Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Good coverage. Paul looked somewhat serious, & Roland was but a quick flash.... The Welsh speaking commentator was very appropriate -- seemed a classic older enthusiast.

Tried to tape the subtitles, but it didn't work on analogue. I'll try again on the digital coverage on Monday. Sub-titles were very good -- the programme makers had enough time to do a good job. Some of the usual real-time sub-titles are a bit sparse -- useless on rugby -- the action's moved on long before the cryptic sub-titles appear!

Bit of a West Wales special -- only right as this is the new centre of the universe. Had a local chap who has 2500 blow lamps, including a fair number of engine lamps, & also coverage of the

50th Saundersfoot Run -- a VMCC rally with many locally-known motorcyclists taking part. Iauan claimed only 3 Enfield slopers exist, including his. Must show him mine, so he can get to 4 (but there are many more than that!)

Hope someone can capture the digital engine coverage, & put it somewhere accessible ..... I haven't got the right toys.

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Yes, a breath of fresh air to watch a programme with properly exposed and framed pictures, shot on a real broadcast camera not a jumped up domestic one. They may even have used a real sound recordist as you could hear all the words.

The subtitles didn't help very much at least the 888 ones on DSAT. They seemed to miss 2/3rds of what people where saying and would show the english words used in the welsh langauge. That maybe my problem rather than the broadcasters though, I rarely use subtitles so don't really know how they work on DSAT.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The subtitles are often ropey on S4C. It sometimes gives the impression that the interpreter is translating and typing them in real time, though I can't believe this is really the case.

A memorable bit of S4C subtitling that springs to mind was an interview with an Eastern European musical ensemble who were visiting Llangollen to perform in the International Eisteddfod. The subtitle reported that they would be "dancing and sinning in Llangollen again this year".

They were lovely looking girls too, but Jeni was on to me and hid the car keys ;-).

-- Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Reply to
Roland Craven

That'll be a Digi Beta then, the latest version of the aging but effective Betacam. Proper production companies use them despite continuing attempts by just about everyone except Sony to change the format.

Frequently, the Director will have a DV camera & do some second unit work just for a change of POV............. Sorry ;o))

The real change is in sound gear. Most of the decent stuff is solid state now & this difference is pointed up by the 7 kilos of 1976 broadcast-quality Sony OB tape recorder I have on the shelf. I still use it sometimes for high quality voice recording when making multi-tracks for events.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I've watched it now and must say I was impressed. The use/discard rate looks about the same as salmon fishing :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

For us east of this Great Island of ours is there a chance of watching a video of the program.

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Just watched the clip - thanks Paul - & called Hazel to see it too. Both very impressed, me especially with the POV changes and edit and the both of us with the content.

Excellent piece of publicity!

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Non magister mundi sum