Kempton Great Engines Trust

Had a very interesting visit on Tuesday to the Kempton Park Pump Engine House. Two triple expansion steam engines, one of which is being restored to steam, and the other is to be preserved. The engines are, of course, much too large to trail to a rally - but worth seeing. The building is a National Monument!

The KGET plans to open as a 'museum' , with steam, in February. A Google Search found

Reply to
MatSav

Good to know the engines live on.

I lived in Hampton as a youngster, & was educated there. Always adored the Kempton Park engine houses -- magnificent cathedrals in their own right. Never did see the engines, but often watched the Ransomes MG6 crawlers with scrapers as they cleaned off the reservoir beds when reservoirs were drained for maintenance.

Result was intro to engines, & a great affection for the MG series of crawlers .. most useful parts of my Hampton education (other than when we flew the school ATC Hangwing glider over the fence into the gals school next door)

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne

We went down for the "final steaming" of the engines in November 1980 and took a few pictures. Dug three out and put them at

which has probably wrapped but they are under Engines In-Situ in the Public Gallery.

Cheers Paul

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

(under construction)

Reply to