Lister D running speed

My Lister D runs too fast. It has good spark and starts OK then revs up and needs to be stopped before it kills itself! I have checked the float chamber and am pretty sure that is OK. I think it is the mixture control but I can't find out how to set it up after removing the needle completely from the carb. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Nick