Message ForJules

From Phillip Gallimore:

"Also a reply for Jules Richardson on the uk.rec.engines site (I'm not a member, but I think you are). The purple/maroon engine he's thinking of could be at Blist's Hill, and as I recall its not steam but works on blast furnace gas."

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Thanks Peter (and Phillip!) - that could well be it! I'd actually had a look at the website but came away none the wiser (it's one of those arty- farty sites that's great if you want a "visitor experience" but poor if looking for specific details). I'll email them and ask, though.

I definitely went there years ago - and I did find the site map on their website which seems to match some of my memories (also explaining why the Black Country museum looked so different when I last went - I think half the stuff I remember from there was actually at Blists Hill! :-)

cheers!

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson