OT and also a strange request

Gentlemen,

Does anybody have a full size violin case looking for a new home and also dimensional plans of a Thompson Sub Machine gun please.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 16:52:15 +0100, "campingstoveman" finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swiggged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

Are you intending to use the two together?? Not until next February

14th, I hope................

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Martin this link may help

Mike.H.

Mike.H.

Mike ,

Thanks for that its a start. Christmas party Gangsters and Mols so I though of the two items and maybe make the gun :-))

campingstoveman

Charles Hamilton

Thank God for that. The thought of Martin dressed as a gansters mol makes me feel quite strange.

To be slightly more serious, are you aware that this is illegal? Under the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006, A person is guilty of an offence if: he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;......etc

Perhaps you should consider being a mol after all! Don't forget to post the pictures for us all.

John

Reply to
John

Seen it done. You need to use a round drum magazine (so a pre-war Thompson, not a WW2 M1), and for the violin case you need a "barn top" case with a matching "roof" on the back of the case too, so as to fit the magazine's width in. You also need to beef up the handle and move it to the CoG - it's a _lot_ heavier than a violin.

I doubt if anyone has ever passed as a musician by carrying such a thing. However everyone who does own a Thompson does consider doing it at least once...

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That act just about covers every toy gun sold to kids every where.

Reply to
campingstoveman

No, every toy gun sold to kids _today_ will have a birght orange muzzle cap.

This is now illegal though:

(middle of the picture)

Reply to
Andy Dingley