OT but I hope amusing

Gentlemen,
Today I have been to a classic Car event looking for bits for my Rover P6
V8, found what I needed so when I got home I fitted the items. At the same
time I fitted new plug leads I had bought last weekend to the engine and
carefully took one off and fitted the new one before I moved onto the next
cylinder, when I had finished I started the engine to find it running lumpy
so checked all the leads and found all still sparking ok so I checked again,
can someone explain to me how I managed to get two leads on the same bank
incorrectly fitted to the plugs even though I did it one at a time cos I
cant work it out :-))
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
it's a gift! sam
SAMMMM
It's an age thing Martin. I have a similar problem with tools. I put them down and go to pick them up again and they have moved to another place. I can't explain it either. The same happens with my car keys, they're never where I left them. Charles.
Charles Hamilton
I'm afraid so. My father has the same problem.
John
Reply to
John
I had a P6 for donkeys years. I remember it running lumpy and after watching the rockers I found the cause - one cam lobe had gone down to almost 30 thou lift - base circle all over ! Gave me an excuse to fit a tuned-up engine, and convert it from auto to manual. Had the car about 8 years, cost =A3300, sold for =A3200 with 230k miles on it - but cost me a few quid inbetween, and worth every penny - great fun !
Think I still have a s/h rear damper unit, and a stripped and greased rear brake calliper in the garage somewhere, and almost every P6 owners club mag from it's inception. Maybe something for eBay if I ever get around to selling stuff instead of hoarding it.
Steve
Reply to
Steve