OT but I hope amusing

Gentlemen,

Today I have been to a classic Car event looking for bits for my Rover P6 V8, found what I needed so when I got home I fitted the items. At the same time I fitted new plug leads I had bought last weekend to the engine and carefully took one off and fitted the new one before I moved onto the next cylinder, when I had finished I started the engine to find it running lumpy so checked all the leads and found all still sparking ok so I checked again, can someone explain to me how I managed to get two leads on the same bank incorrectly fitted to the plugs even though I did it one at a time cos I cant work it out :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

it's a gift! sam

SAMMMM

Charles Hamilton

I'm afraid so. My father has the same problem.

John

Reply to
John

I had a P6 for donkeys years. I remember it running lumpy and after watching the rockers I found the cause - one cam lobe had gone down to almost 30 thou lift - base circle all over ! Gave me an excuse to fit a tuned-up engine, and convert it from auto to manual. Had the car about 8 years, cost =A3300, sold for =A3200 with 230k miles on it - but cost me a few quid inbetween, and worth every penny - great fun !

Think I still have a s/h rear damper unit, and a stripped and greased rear brake calliper in the garage somewhere, and almost every P6 owners club mag from it's inception. Maybe something for eBay if I ever get around to selling stuff instead of hoarding it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve