OT, de-lurking, transformer bargain

Hello everyone,

Firstly many thanks for the interesting reading!

I'm posting here because a lot of you do things with generators and 3 phase, we've got a 3 phase to 420 and 430 V transformer (about 8 taps) in the lab, in steel enclosure, all measuring about 3 x 2 x 2 feet, and it's going to a good home for a small contribution to charity, i.e. Rainbows Hospice - rated at 82.5 amps, this is a big beast. I'd reckon it could weigh in at 1/4 ton. Main thing is that we need to shift it, and (especially as it's never been used!), are very loathe to scrap it. It'd be pretty much free for what you'd be getting, hard bit would be collecting it - we've got a gantry crane if you've got a flatbed or trailer :)

Feel free to email me neily70ATsoftpop.com and I can give you more details, like I say, a small contribution to charity and it's yours.

Thanks

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brown

Hi Neil. It doesn't sound like it's any good to me but others would appreciate some more info. Where in the country is it? Could you give primary & secondary voltages, and KVA rating if possible. Thanks

John

Reply to
John Manders

3 primaries as per 3 phase, 220V, I shall check when I can get down to look at it but IIRC 4 secondary taps at 420 and 4 at 430, 60KVA
Reply to
Neil Brown

Oops - I hit the send button too quick - it's in Loughborough, on the motorway side, 1/2 mile from M1

Reply to
Neil Brown