OT slightly amusing

Gentlemen,

Yesterday a friend and I fitted a Towbar to my New Company Van,a Vauxhall Vivaro. The vehicle does not have a light on the dash to tell you when the trailer lights are operating so we fitted behind a steel panel with the wiring an audible alarm wired to the indicators. As a final test we connected the trailer and took the outfit for a test drive. Everything is perfect except for one tiny problem, you need to drive with ear defenders because the audible device is so load and in a tin box it actually hurts your ears and anybody following will think we are about to reverse, so now I have to strip it out and wrap it in a piece of foam to cut down the noise.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reminds me of a moped that we hired in Cyprus some years ago. it had a buzzer (screecher) connected to the indicators. we had that thing for a week during which time everything electrical progressively failed - except for that damn screecher. The final straw came one night when we had gone down to the nearby town and ALL the lights failed leaving us to ride home unlit. By now the only electrical thing that worked was that screecher. I had visions of that moped exiting the crusher still uttering it's screech - screech - screech noise. The other fault this machine had was that someone had fallen off at some time and something was bent. The result was that there was a constant pull on the steering. Not too much of a problem at first but when the miles clocked up my shoulders began to hurt. I suppose it was RSI setting in. The day we went the length of the island North to South was the worst. After that we took to sitting to one side to balance the problem. Almost like riding side saddle. I was glad to see the thing returned. It was a lovely holiday though and everything went well until the day of departure. I had arranged the accommodation and my girlfriend had done the travel. We flew out on Saturday and were due to return a week later on Sunday night. As the flight left at 00.30 we had the Monday off work too. On the last Saturday evening we went down to the town to have a nice last supper and saw a plane leaving the airport. We remarked that we will be on that in exactly 24 hours. The following day I checked the tickets to confirm our flight time for the taxi. The flight left at 00.30 on Sunday alright, that is early Sunday morning/ late Saturday evening, NOT Sunday night. GF was adamant at first but the Euro slowly dropped so we dashed to the airport to confirm it. That flight we saw leaving was ours after all. The potential mess was sorted fortunately. we managed to buy some seats on another return flight to UK. We even managed to get on one back to Manchester where the car was parked.

John

"Campingstoveman" wrote in message news:c5ar22$2obo06$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-134860.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
John Manders