OT: Timing pulleys

Gentlemen,

If you saw a reference Tx relating to timing belts or pulleys would you know what it refers to as I cant find any detail anywhere.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Is this referring to a parameter T in the x direction (is there a T y too perhaps) or is x the unknown quantity. Can you post a reference to set it in context please.

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Reply to
campingstoveman

camp> unfortunately I have been by asked by a friend and all he said was 30 Tx. >

Torx Screw size, used on some adjustable vernier pulleys to allow the outer an inner to be moved relative to each other?

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

The only use I've found of 'T' is as 't' with no subscript referring to the tooth pitch. common values are 3,5,8 and 14. 30 would be an enormous belt. You can see typical data on RSwww.com but I did not find any Tx

Do let us know if you find out - I'm curious now.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

T(x) is probably the number of teeth on the pulley.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes