NG RSS feed - OT I suppose

Fiddling about on Google groups, I came across something which said:-

"The feeds below allow you to read new topics or new messages from this group with any feed reading software. When a regularly updated site (such as a Google Group) has a feed, people can subscribe to it using software to read syndicated content called a "newsreader." RSS and Atom are two formats for feeds. Most feed readers support both."

I'll have some of that I thought, downloaded one of the suggested readers (bottomfeeder), cut and pasted what I hoped was the URL for the feed

into the 'add feed' box and - nothing - well a polite message saying "no link provided"!

Perhaps not surprising as I have no idea what I am doing, but where did I go wrong and is it worth persevering?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Go onto the BBC website and click on this:

- have a read-up and then try again, but I think it's a different beatsie to what you thought it was.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

For some reason I'd picked up the wrong URL, an off-list reply pointed me in the right direction:-

I plugged in to bottomfedder and off it went.

Not sure if it's going to do anything very useful at the moment - seems to give the first half dozen or so lines only of most recent posts. I was hoping for an alternative connection time efficient way of using the PDA to keep up with NG activity when Pipex are tinkering with NNTP traffic.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I`ve never understood the need for readers and feeds for google groups.I just click straight on the bookmark I have for each google group that I read.New posts and replies are up within a couple of minutes so why the need for other methods?

Mark.

Reply to
mark