New RR forums..

With my ISP cutting off USENET (forcing people to go through a third part news server where you can read but not post... And was a bit of
work just to post this..) and I'm sure it's happening to others... :(
If your looking for another source for RR messaging, http://forum.kentsoftware.com
Model, DCC and Full size RR'ing forums.

groups.google.com doesn't work for you?
                            ---john.
John Haskey wrote:

Probably prefers a REAL news client instead of a web based interface.

No... didn't you read his original message? He recommended http://forum.kentsoftware.com/ - a web based forum.

Ummm.... did you look where his message came from?
time for a new ISP.
K skriver:

Yes, you won't use a webbased forum, but is recommending another ?
Take a look at: http://www.newsservers.net/FreeNewsServers.php And choose a suitable server for yourself...
Klaus
Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

Klaus:
I think he's promoting his own software. Google isn't really a web forum, just a [bare-bones] web interface for the Usenet.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
What's wrong with google groups? I use it. I haven't found anything wrong with it. It's better than the dotcom they took over to provide the service. When I can't remember the name of the company to bitch about it being taken over and how much better it was it's usually an indicator the takeover was sucessful.
Anyway, It's is easier to read. I tried using a email based reader and I find it a pain in the ass. The web based is much better and I can access it anywhere.
The only complaint I have it that I have to re-sign into my account every few months obstensively for security reasons. Those bastards!!!!
" snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com" wrote:

The main criticism is that it apparently makes it difficult for users to quote the post to which they are replying, often making it extremely difficult for other readers to follow threads. PLEASE quote the relevant parts of the post you are replying to.
--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan
Dave Fossett wrote:

Well, they've finally "fixed" that problem (as you can see above).
:-) I've been using Google Groups (for better or for worse) ever since they swallowed up deja-news.
Peteski
sheesh.. another forum? :-P
http://www.trainboard.com / http://www.therailwire.net / http://forum.atlasrr.com / http://www.railroadforums.com/forum / http://www.the-gauge.com /
OR...