New RR forums..

With my ISP cutting off USENET (forcing people to go through a third
part news server where you can read but not post... And was a bit of
work just to post this..) and I'm sure it's happening to others... :(
If your looking for another source for RR messaging,

Model, DCC and Full size RR'ing forums.
groups.google.com doesn't work for you?
---john.
Reply to
John Haskey
Probably prefers a REAL news client instead of a web based interface.
Reply to
RobertVA
No... didn't you read his original message? He recommended
- a web based forum.
Reply to
Mark Mathu
Ummm.... did you look where his message came from?
Reply to
Mark Mathu
K skriver:
Yes, you won't use a webbased forum, but is recommending another ?
Take a look at:
choose a suitable server for yourself...
Klaus
Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen
Klaus:
I think he's promoting his own software. Google isn't really a web forum, just a [bare-bones] web interface for the Usenet.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
Reply to
pawlowsk002
sheesh.. another forum? :-P
OR...
:)
Reply to
Diezmon
What's wrong with google groups? I use it. I haven't found anything wrong with it. It's better than the dotcom they took over to provide the service. When I can't remember the name of the company to bitch about it being taken over and how much better it was it's usually an indicator the takeover was sucessful.
Anyway, It's is easier to read. I tried using a email based reader and I find it a pain in the ass. The web based is much better and I can access it anywhere.
The only complaint I have it that I have to re-sign into my account every few months obstensively for security reasons. Those bastards!!!!
Reply to
newyorkcentralfan
The main criticism is that it apparently makes it difficult for users to quote the post to which they are replying, often making it extremely difficult for other readers to follow threads. PLEASE quote the relevant parts of the post you are replying to.
Reply to
Dave Fossett
Well, they've finally "fixed" that problem (as you can see above).
:-) I've been using Google Groups (for better or for worse) ever since they swallowed up deja-news.
Peteski
Reply to
Peter W.