OT whatisit?

Ignoring the large tom cat which seems to have adopted it, what do you reckon this piece of garden sculpture is. I suspect some piece of tyre fitting kit - can anyone confirm or otherwise?

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

I reconise the small cast BBQ in the background. Mine was a £5 last year, late summer bargin from ASDA. chink chink...

Reply to
<gummymonkey

I think ours came from Lidl a few years ago for a similar sum, quickly turned into a planter - never really got on with BBQ's.

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Nick, I am sorry to say god knows, very nice cat house, a bell that didn't get finished. You would think its a stand of some sort but I doubt that either.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Something similar ---------

Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I used a similar tool when I was an apprentice in the motor trade .Unfortunately the pecking order meant I did all the punctures/tyre changes and I was in the commercial (trucks)dept .The wheels / tyres were almost as big as me and possibly heavier(then not now :-) ). Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

If it was a stool you needed funny shaped rears to sit on them :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Thanks Mike. Vendor (at spring Enstone) thought it might be something to do with wheelwrighting and I had a vague recollection of seeing something similar in the tyre bay at Silverstone when dad and I used to go to vintage racing days many years ago. I think your link pretty much clinches it.

Only remaining question is why did I buy it? ;-)

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

How was it used - an off-list respondent commented that it looked a bit low for the supposed application?

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

And an even funnier one to pass it ;-)

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

To keep your pussy dry and shaded - of course (;-(

Pete

Reply to
Pete Stockdale

The ghost of Mollie Sugden lives!

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Nick,

Very good response to my quip and the reason you bought it is because you can, simple as that :-)) but how you explain that is another matter :-))

A couple of weeks ago my lady wife mentioned in passing that our garden was beginning to look like a scrap yard so as I was looking for Brownie points for Dorset, our wedding anniversary always falls during the rally, I thought I would have a cull. I loaded the trailer with stuff that I had done nothing with and headed of to the scrap metal merchants. I came home with £72.00 in my pocket having tipped 720kg's even I was surprised about the weight. Scrap prices are starting to rise again by the way.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

campingstoveman wrote (snip):

I say, that sort of behaviour is frowned upon in these parts - even the most uninspiring little rust flake should be cherished and treated like a national treasure ;-)

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Ooh er Mrs!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

No engines were hurt during this demonstration, I tend to find a bit of pipe on a job and think I might have a use for that and then I don't but then I find another piece of box section etc,etc :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Hmm, that sounds worrying familiar. Worse still is that I *do* tend to find a use for this stuff - but usually for upwards of 5 years of storage in the meantime. (which is the real pain about moving countries - I've still got a big cache of "useful junk" back in England that I can't really ship, but keep finding uses for here...)

(I seem to be drowning in bits of ally window frames right now, although they make useful garden stakes...)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

I would have expected that any bits of box section would automatically have found their way to Peter Forbes in case a new trailer needed it ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

The box section for the new trailer was procured over 2 years ago, along with the axles wheels and tyres, but haven't had time or the space to get the thing on the way yet, too much going on!

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes