Other men's pleasures.....

Having sold my Vincent twin a few weeks ago, I've been extracting some of my two-wheeled toys from the depths of the workshop with a view to getting them on the road whilst I still have the stamina to ride them! I thought the 500 CJ International Norton ought to be the first to get The Treatment

I got hold of the editorial staff at "The Classic Motorcycle" and they recommended one George Cohen down in deepest Zummerzet.

I took the Norton down there yesterday - and what a joy it was. The extensive and well equipped workshops that are attached to his 500 year old farmhouse house some very interesting racing machinery and the place smelled of Castrol R, AvGas, machined metal, old leather and polished steel. If you could bottle it, we'd all buy some.

It was obvious from the outset that George knows his stuff, working on everything to the highest possible standards. A self-admitted OHC snob, he only does Norton singles and prefers cammy models, so it's no good asking him to look at the JAP 2a ;o)) Like me, he suffereth not the fool gladly and I took to him at once.

I left it with him.

Anyway, your possible reward for reading this OT posting this far is that he has an ancient ride on mower for sale. Not being my thing, I didn't pay a lot of attention, but you can get to him via his website

- the "Expert hints and tips" is well worth a peruse ...............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Bacon is a friend in the salad bowl of life

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Some photos of the Norton at

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

"He who is tired of bacon is tired of life"

King George III

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Sorry, that should be