Piston Rings

Dear All,

Now I need to replace the rings on my JAP2a - these are 2.0475" in diameter. I'm going to try a company called engine parts. Does anyone know a good supplier please?

Regards, Ian.

Reply to
kingsnavy

In message , kingsnavy writes

Ian, Following excellent advice from this group some time ago when I was looking for a specific size of piston ring, I was directed to:

F.W. Thornton & Son 01743 357081

who proved to be most helpful.

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale

If you get really stuck, the Bradford Piston and Piston Ring Company will make you a set, but I would imagine that the JAP ones must be available off the shelf, as they were a pretty common engine.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison

About 20 years ago I used to use a very good old company called "Bradford Piston Rings" I just tried the old phone number & added a 1 & they are still in business. See

don't know if they still work the same but they used to make rings to your size if required.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

Wow. A website. They make superb rings at what I feel are sensible prices but their admin was circa 1950. Flawless and with no call-centre or IVR:-) ttfn Roland

your size if required.

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Reply to