Portland, USA, Show

Just back from the USA after a very hectic and wearing 7 days!!
Trip was great apart from the initial trip out which turned into a comedy of
disasters, the show was superb, much better than we had hoped.
Took 400+ pictures, will start editing and posting asap.
Haven't slept in 30 hours so will post again once we have had some shuteye.
Peter
--
Peter & Rita Forbes
snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes
'The Associated Line' in the US wasn't it?
Sounds like it was a good show, can't wait for the piccies.
Regards Chris
Reply to
Chris Crocker - White
Associated and United are the two names that spring to mind, with the United having a different hopper. I also learned that engines sent to Australia and Canada were usually fitted with Webster TriPolar mags /igniters.
The propane gas was donated to the exhibitors, hence the blue flames a foot high shooting out of the hot tube chimneys. Very impressive after dark.
The big 100hp Fairbanks twin had a nasty bearing knock when it was running, the 50hp single sounded in better health.
Sadly I didn't find one with a clutch mechanism to photograph for Arthur. I did get lots of Amanco Midget piccies for David McCreath though.
Regards
Philip T-E
Reply to
ClaraNET
Welcome back Peter, and thanks for the manual, I look forward to seeing it.
Sleep well! Regards, Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur Griffin
Back to civilisation! I think we need to hear a recording of that radio show. Who knows, you could be a vintage preservation star, like Fred Dibnah?
Thanks for looking out for the New Way. On the plus side this would seem to indicate that the CH is rare, though a rather crushing email I received from the US told me that these engines were not all that rare, it's just that their owners leave them at home when they go to rallies! I guess the sender went to the same school of tact and diplomacy as Dubya himself.
Regards, Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur Griffin
There was a fan cooled version next to the ATIS area that was running most days, I got a shot of that clutch just in case.
Peter
Peter A Forbes