Recommended rewinders?

Can anyone recommend anyone that can rewind (motorcycle) dynamo armatures?

Any idea what it's likely to cost?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Cost me fiver in 1973 for a 3TA I was earning 18 quid a week then.

Maybe something here.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

It was an alternator on the 3TA not a dynamo, come to think of it.

Prices have gone up though.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Martin P is a top man. Despite his mutterings about the little Bosch magneto on the Marconi-Stanley engine "not being one of their best", after his attentions it is now posessed of a spark which looks as though it would light water! Not sure he is into dynamos though and, as it is not his 'day job', don't be in a hurry:-)

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Kim, Try Martin Percy Wellingborough, he is in Stat eng help line. Like you he is not a bad sort :-)).

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I am pretty certain Ted Salmon in Burnham on Crouch Essex will easily be able to rewind your armature. Excellent chap, I have several mags overhauled inc. rewinding coils etc and all have been successful. Contact Ted 01621 784141 This type of work is his living but he is not silly expensive, just one thing, don't expect a one day turn around!! It appears his reputation is such that most people are prepared to wait for his skills

Reply to
John Southall