removing grease spots from carpets?

I'm pleased you all thought it was my work, but alas it came via a friend & here's the original.........

Peter Parry.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

My usenet benefactor and erstwhile purveyor of instant sunshine for HM ;-)

His other opus on French waste macerators is in the UK.d-i-y faq under humour.

Andrew Heggie

Reply to
AJH

Many thanks to all who responded.

In the interests of feedback, and helping anyone else who finds this thread in the google archive...

In the end I used swarfega green gel (not the new hand washing stuff with granules) on a toothbrush to loosen the grease.

I then used a VAX vacuum clean/carpet washer to remove the swarfega and dissolved grease.

After drying, the result is excellent.

I can just about see where the marks were, but I think this is as much due to a texture change from the cleaning process as from residual dirt/grease.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

More important, would a wife notice :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Obviously not as he is still alive to tell the tale :)

Alan

Reply to
Algernon

She has noticed, just holding it back for the perfect moment... Blunder Points are non expireable

Dave

Reply to
david.sanderson

On a related note, a couple of years ago, the cat managed to cover itself with Sadolin woodstain. I could not imagine what we could do for it so took it to the vet. Later that afternoon, we were told we could come and collect him. Expecting to find a naked hairless cat we were very surprised to find a wonderfully clean, fluffy, odourless cat. He had never looked so good. We asked how they had done it, expecting some secret paint remover. Turns out they scrubbed him in swarfega. What wonderful people - that is both the vet and the people who make swarfega.

Pete Harrison

Reply to
Peter Harrison

I came home once to find our "red" setter looking unusually red. A few pounds bag of red raddle, iron ochre cement pigment, was involved.

There was a dog-height stripe around every wall. Had to re-decorate to get rid of it. Fortunately it washed out of the sofa loose covers (ah, those '70s and The Days Of Dralon) and vacuumed out of the carpet pretty well, but nothing would take it off a rough wallpaper surface.

The dog just rolled in his usual couple of cowpats for shampoo and carried on as if nothing had happened.

Reply to
dingbat