Running an stationary event

I would like to know what is involved (yes I knwow hard work) in running a stationary event. I am a local councillor and the council has a large recreation ground with parking. There is a possiblity that an event could be run at this venue (Hampshire)But would need more advice first. Any help would be great

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Steve

Steve, How big an event, I get involved with the organisation of a couple of small do's. One event is part of a large rally the other is as a side show. As I see it the following is required as a minimum,

  1. Permission to hold the event.
  2. Advertising.
  3. Somewhere to hold it.
  4. Public liability insurance for the event.
  5. Public liability insurance for each individual exhibitor and trade stand attending.
  6. Toilets adequate to cope with the size of an event i.e. one porta loo for every 100 persons, this is a guess, there is a stated figure.
  7. Marshall's to be in charge of parking, general safety, safety of types of exhibit etc.
  8. Catering.
  9. Safety fencing for all exhibits, minimum a pole every 10 - 15 ft with two ropes, display 6ft from fence and 6ft apart.
  10. maximum speed around site.
  11. Most exhibits require water.
  12. First Aid, St John Ambulance for instance.
  13. Contigency plan for bad weather, some means of recovering vehicles etc.
  14. Police presents to aid in traffic problems, this may be at a minimum orange cones to stop on road parking or actual police. They would need at least two weeks notice.
  15. Finally some daft sod to organise and watch over it all.

Mart> I would like to know what is involved (yes I knwow hard work) in

Reply to
Campingstoveman